May 25, 2011

Road Trip : Gaspé and the north of NB

As I said before, the second day I drove the rest of the coast in Gaspésie to go to New Brunswick. My first idea was spending one night in Percé and going to NB the next day, but when I got there I realized that except the Rocher Percé, there was nothing to see or do at this time of the year. There was no way I would spend a night there so I kept on driving for many hours and I stopped in an other motel, in Bathurst, NB, on the Bay of Chaleurs, when I wasn't able to drive anymore. 10 hours driving in one day... I think it's the maximum I can do.

It's not that I didn't want to spend a lot of my precious time in New Brunswick but ...  in fact I didn't find any information about New Brunswick which makes me think about spending a couple of days there. So, from Bathurst I went directly to Prince Edward Island.
On the road I stopped in Bouctouche to see the dune which is a beautiful and super-protected site. It was a nice walk on the dune and a good idea I had to stop there when it wasn't raining anymore. There's at least one thing to see in NB.

The roads in Canada are quite nice but if you really want to see something interesting you have to get off the highways - same in France. The quality of the roads is not always good and you have to be very careful with some big holes but when you think about the length of the roads and the fact that you don't have to pay (except some short parts but it's only a few bucks) you just forgive it and keep your eyes opened!
The car I rented is an "economy-compact" which means, in North America, the size of a boat with a motor less powerful than the one of my Twingo... But it works so no worries!

I didn't drive that much this day, maybe only 4 or 5 hours - I know that for a country like France it sounds quite long but for Canada it's very short - and the weather wasn't as bad as the previous days so it was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment