May 5, 2011

Last days in Banff

The rest of my time in Banff was as great as the first days and the time passed so quickly that I feel as if I'd stayed there for just a couple of days...

With Nana, we tried to do a few things in the town but as I said before, this is not the best season for the activities so we just walked a lot I think. We went to the Upper Hot Springs which is initially a natural hot swimming pool but because of the lack of natural water during the past couple of years they have to complete it with municipal water, which is really not the same. After a nice walk, it was more than great and relaxing, and even if the weather was not good enough to enjoy the spectacular view on the valley, we spent a few hours in the water looking at the mountains.


The next day, I met a French girl, Clémence, who was in fact one of my roommate and we went hiking with Lucas, a Swiss guy. It had snowed during the night and the ground was covered with at least 15 cm of fresh snow. It was just beautiful. I love snow so much...


We went to the Hoodoos Trail, a 4,5 km trail which goes from Downtown Banff to the small Hoodoos behind the Tunnel Mountain. It was really easy but with the snow we had to be careful sometimes, especially when it was a bit steep. On our way, we met a herd of elks (we thought they were deers but a Canadian couple told us that in fact they were elks...). It was surprising and they were just settled right on the trail. We were not really motivate to walk through the herd so we took an other way to get around them.


It was a very good walk and once again, we had a beautiful view on the mountains.


For my last day, I had lunch with Nana to decide what we were going to do during the afternoon. We went to the Bow falls before going to the cinema to watch Rio. It was childish but funny! And then, for my last dinner in Banff, we ate in a nice Japanese restaurant before going to the bus station...




In short, I had an amazing time in Banff! I enjoyed the snow and the mountains with a good friend even if it was hard to find something else than hiking to do. This is a very good place to discover the Rocky Mountains and it is worth is to spend a week there.

No comments:

Post a Comment