May 11, 2011

Day-Tour : Niagara

On Tuesday, I booked a tour to go to Niagara Falls with a company called Toronto Zoom Tours. I think that you can choose the company you want to go there : they've all the same tour at almost the same price and I don't think one is better than the other.
I had to be at a hotel on Gerrard Street at 8:45 am to be picked up with some other people. Finally, the bus came at 9:30... great... While I was waiting I met Kon and his wife, a lovely couple from Vancouver and I spent the day with them.


First stop : Niagara Falls. It's beautiful, but not as big as it seems on the pictures. And yes... the Canadian Falls are more interesting than the American ones.
We took a tour on the Maid of the Mist, the famous boat which goes near the falls and it was just like having a cold shower. I think this is the only aim of this tour because, in fact, you can't see anything when you're near the falls. Anyway, it was funny at least and I kept the raincoat as a souvenir...



With Kon and his wife we went to the Hard Rock Café for lunch and at the end they didn't let me pay for my meal. It's so nice but I felt very embarrassed. Then we walked near the fall before meeting our guide to go to Niagara-on-the-Lake, the small town in Niagara National Park. It's a nice town but honestly there's nothing to do. At the end of the day, we stopped in a winery to taste some icewine. It was good but I've drunk better wines in my life...


Overall, it was a good day. I've seen some nice landscapes, I've met some very nice people and finally I can say to everybody that I've seen Niagara Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment