April 26, 2011

First days in Banff

It's been something like 2 days and a half since I arrived in Banff and all I have to say is that I love it!
It's very small and there's not many things to see if you only stay in the town but the landscape is just incredible!


It would be a lie to say that I've never seen that kind of landscape before but, honestly, it's not the same.
I love the way the town is surrounded by mountains with the river going through it. And the best is that there's still some snow. I mean, not a lot but it gives me an idea of how it is in the winter.


The last two days were kinda quiet, just wandered around and explored the town. I met Nana, a friend of Vancouver who is trying to settle here for a few months and we wandered around together.


Today we walked on the Tunnel Mountain trail. It was not so hard but a bit steep sometimes and the melting snow on the trail didn't make it easier. We slipped a few times and almost got lost at the top but finally we did it and we enjoyed the breathtaking view on Banff.


The way back to the town was much easier, we could just slip on the snow, it's faster! The only bad thing is that it's not the best season to enjoy all the activities you can find here. It's too late for winter one's because the snow is melting and it's too early for summer one's because of the snow...



Anyway I'll try to enjoy my time here as much as I can because then I'll visit some cities for while.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your stay. If you've left thats a shame because you can see it as it is in winter today, with 6 inches of new snow!.

    ReplyDelete